Saturday, August 22, 2026

I’m home

My 3–5 night hospital stay turned into 11 nights, and 11 days without food or water.

After my colostomy takedown surgery, I developed a postoperative ileus, meaning my intestines temporarily stopped moving the way they should. My digestive system simply did not want to wake up. I looked like I had swallowed a basketball!

After a couple of days with no improvement, I needed an NG tube to relieve the buildup of stomach acids and pressure on my intestines. I also needed a PICC line and five days of nutrition through an IV while my bowels slowly woke up again.

It was horrible. There were moments when I honestly wondered why I have to fight so hard to be here on this little planet we call Earth.

Hospital days are long. Twenty-four hours can feel like forever. The nonstop poking, prodding, beeping, and uncertainty can drive anyone a little mad, and throw in no food or water, and things can get pretty intense mentally.

But I’m so incredibly thankful to be on the other side of it now, healing at home. The silence feels intense. The fresh air feels amazing. And food tastes REALLY good. 

Thank you, friends, for your constant love and support once again through these challenging times. I truly couldn’t do it without you.

Here’s to healing, getting stronger, and being grateful for every little thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment