Friday, April 17, 2015

"Astronaut" training

 

Last fall I was introduced to Bob and Marilyn Hamilton and the Galileo (thank you Domini). I like to call it "astronaut training". Bob and Marilyn are the U.S. medical distributor for Galileo and they live in the Carmel Highlands, go figure! I feel so fortunate that our paths have finally crossed. Marilyn was paralyzed 35 years ago in a hang gliding accident and has been charging ahead ever since...for more info on Marilyn click here.

The Galileo is a "side-alternating" whole body vibration (WBV) device for intense muscle training, different from a power plate, in that it moves the hips in an oscillating pattern similiar to our gait (walking) cycle and stimulates all the muscles up the legs and core. A three minute Galileo Training at 18 Hertz corresponds to 3240 muscle contractions! That is alot of movement in my body that I have not been able to get with any other exercise. Check out http://stimdesigns.com/recovery/ for more on Galileo.Once a week I have been going to Bob and Marilyn's house and train on their Galileo tilt table. Just last week my legs activated with the vibration on and I was able to weight-bear on my own, and this is from using it just once a week! I want to use it everyday! Thanks to the generous support of my community and all the hard work from the runners for the Relay for Rachael I am hoping to purchase one for my home, another exercise to throw into the mix that will make a big difference!

Loco Coco is doing a pasta dinner in celebration of the 5th annual relay on Friday, April 24th at the American Legion in Carmel. Tickets are available to purchase for $35, all proceeds go towards helping with my physical therapy costs. More info here: https://m.helphopelive.org/event/2813/view?next=/campaign/6447Next Sunday is race day! Join us at the finish line around 9:30 AM at Rio Road in Carmel to cheer the runners in. It's not too late to donate to your favorite team or runner, go to www.relayforrachael.com for more information.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

photos by M3
www.rachaelshort.com www.relayforrachael.com **************PO Box 6445, Carmel Ca 93921 831.238.0127 ...BE THE LIGHT**************
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment