Thursday, February 1, 2018

Staying Healthy


As the 8th annual Relay for Rachael approaches I am reminded how lucky I am for the support of my amazing friends, family and community.  Year after year my runners continue to train and raise money and I continue to get the help I need to gain strength and stay healthy both mentally and physically.  I am knocking on wood as I write this but I have not been sick in over 5 years, I am gentle to my body because I know it needs strength to heal. I try and eat healthy, I rarely drink alcohol anymore and if I do it is a glass of red wine, I get my rest by staying on a consistent sleep schedule (which includes having to wake up from 3-3:30AM every morning to switch from my left to right side) and most importantly I keep my body moving.  My movement is possible because I have people who believe in me and who allow me to continue on my journey. I can’t imagine my life without this support and I am forever grateful.  Once again my runners hit highway 1 on Sunday, April 29th in part of the Big Sur Marathon to run their fastest and raise money for my recovery, to inspire me and others and to enjoy one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. Donations can be made at Relay for Rachael. Thank you and Be the Light.

Working with Domini Anne at Mindful Movement in Carmel.

No comments:

Post a Comment