Monday, February 17, 2020

10th annual Relay for Rachael!

The 10th annual Relay for Rachael is here! This year we have 8 teams, the most ever! Again as I say every year I couldn’t do it without you. Every penny donated goes into the pockets of people who work with me...my caregivers, my trainers, all of the people who get me up and moving every day. 

My runners hit Highway 1 on Sunday, April 26th to help raise funds for my ongoing care. Donations can be made at www.relayforrachael.com. We will also be having a fundraising dinner at the Carmel Valley Lodge in Carmel Valley on Friday, April 24th. Details to come.

As hard as I work at staying healthy unfortunately I have let my health slip this past year. With stress from the move and not having enough care I ended up with a pressure sore in the beginning of January, damn it. It’s what i’ve worked so hard to avoid over the past nine years...i’m taking this as a learning lesson, as is life, and I will heal this thing. I’ve had to reevaluate alot of things, i’m not able to sit in my chair for very long and I need to eat more food (for the padding :). I don’t know how long it will take to heal but i’m doing everything possible to allow it to. I miss the gallery, I miss doing photography, I miss getting out in the community, but this to shall pass.  Thank you for your support, your love and for being the light. I feel it.


No comments:

Post a Comment