Friday, May 12, 2023

Thank you!

The 13th Relay for Rachael fundraiser was a huge success. Year after year I am blown away by the support I receive, I couldn’t do this life without the help from my friends and family. Every dollar raised goes into the pockets of the people who help me get through my days. My caregivers, my therapists, my trainers, they keep me moving forward. It’s a weird thing, and stressful, relying on another human to get you through your days, but knowing that I have the financial side covered for another year is a huge relief. 

My runners hit Highway 1 on Sunday, April 30th and ran their fastest or walked their longest or skipped their wierdest…the wind was blowing hard on Hurricane point but my runners still came into the finish line with smiles on their faces. It’s an awkward thing asking for help, but it makes me feel good knowing that I also inspire you. Thank you for allowing me, and inspiring me, to keep on moving.

We had so much fun at the fundraising dinner at the Carmel Valley Lodge on Friday, April 28th. Thank you again to the Lodge for hosting and to the Bitter Ginger, the Saucy Maiden and the Random Pickler for the delicious food.


And thank you again to The Treadmill in the Carmel Crossroads for gifting my winning relay team members, THE POTHOLES, each a new pair of shoes, and my marathoners each gift certificates.

Thank you!
With love and gratitude, Rachael












No comments:

Post a Comment