Sunday, May 5, 2019

9th Annual Relay for Rachael wrap up!

People often ask how do you do it? How do you keep going everyday?

I do it because thankfully I have the support that allows me to. For me there was never another option, I do it because I am here and I am going to do the best I can. I do it because I don’t know any other way. I do it because I want to gain back as much movement as possible. To me it is a silly question because I will never give up. I am running this marathon called “journey back from paralysis” to the very end.

My biggest obstacle is finding caregivers and trainers who can keep up with me! I work hard everyday and I need the help of many to get me through my days. My relay/marathon annual fundraiser helps me pay everyone who helps me daily. Currently I employ 5 caregivers and 4 trainers! It really is a full time job advocating for myself and finding the help I need daily to become stronger. I understand why people give up, it is really hard work and cost a lot of money. By the end of the day I am exhausted and I am constantly worried about finances. The relay for Rachael eases the financial stress and motivates me to KEEP PUTTING ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER EVERYDAY. Thank you for BEing my light.


Friday Night Pasta Dinner

These people work behind the scenes
and help me get my movement daily!
Thank You!




My Marathoners!



Thank You to the Treadmill
for always hooking up my winning team with new shoes!
Congratulations Team Nepenthe!
(even though Kodiak beat all the teams!)

Kendra ran her first marathon!

Kodiak finally got a new pair of shoes
after wearing these for three marathons!
Aengus after marathon number 8!

The world needs more people like this girl,
Thank You Daniella  for the best care!

After race BBQ! Thanks runners!



No comments:

Post a Comment